Here are five steps and a downloadable template that will allow you to create an effective schedule of activities for your thesis.
1) DEFINE THE OBJECTIVES OF YOUR RESEARCH: before constructing the schedule, it is necessary to have clear objectives of the work, both general and specific.
2) DEFINE THE ACTIVITIES TO BE CARRIED OUT IN ORDER TO FULFILL SUCH OBJECTIVES: take each specific objective and divide it into various activities that you must carry out in order to fulfill it.
* Remember that the fulfillment of your specific objectives leads you to fulfill the general objective.
3) DEFINE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH ACTIVITY: if you work in a group, give each member one or more responsibilities in order to fulfill all the activities; if you work individually organize your time so that you can develop them effectively.
4) ESTABLISHES THE DURATION OF EACH ACTIVITY: here you must define how long it will take to complete each activity and thus set the hours, days, weeks or months it will take to be fully completed.
* This will depend on how long you wait to finish your degree work.
5) ORGANIZE ALL THE PREVIOUS DATA IN AN EXCEL TABLE: set out everything in an Excel table, placing the objectives in the first column, in the second the activities, in the third the responsible ones and in the fourth the time range in weeks ; accompanied by a header with the relevant data of your study and the general objective.