One of the reasons that prevents us from finishing our thesis more quickly is the repeated corrections by our advisor or tutor.
Below are the main corrections that usually occur and possible solutions for each of them. It is known that you can not avoid 100% but with these tips you can minimize them.
Corrections related to the parts of the thesis. Mainly the objectives, say that they are poorly formulated, that the specific ones do not respond to the general objective, that they do not have the appropriate verbs, and so on. In addition, they frequently correct the methodology or the methodological design, the problem statement and without any doubt the conclusions.
They also tend to correct the existence of many impertinent citations, that is, the presence of many quotations without the contributions of the thesis, where they expand or deepen on what was said by the cited author.
Likewise, the aspects of the thesis form are corrected a lot, that is to say that the thesis is not written in the correct verb tense, bad spelling, mistakes in the writing, lack of coherence, bad application of APA Standards, among others.
Below are several ways to minimize this type of correction.
1) Respect the recommendations and suggestions of the tutor. In general, it is advisable to follow the guidelines given by your advisor, as he is someone with experience, he has advised other degree projects and knows how to treat your thesis juries.
There will be extreme cases where you will have to change your thesis advisor because it is not compatible with your principles, it does not seem right to you the way you work or because you do not get along well. However, as a general rule it is better to follow the recommendations of your tutor.
2) Another important recommendation has to do with the need to keep harmony and coherence between each of the parts of the thesis. If in the General Objective you said that you were going to do a correlational analysis, in the development of the work you should do that and not a descriptive study. This happens frequently and fills the patience of some thesis advisers.
3) Regarding the impertinent quotes throughout the thesis, it is convenient that after entering a textual quote add a comment of your own. The advisors dislike the Copy + Paste, because they consider that the thesis is not analyzing what he writes. In this sense, it is also advisable not to place textual quotations of more than 400 words, since anti-plagiarism software penalizes this. Instead, it is advisable to paraphrase instead of quoting textually.
4) Also, to avoid rejection and correct the thesis for problems with the parts that comprise it, we recommend our Ebook “The manual of the thesis”, there we teach you step by step and in a practical way how to do each of the parties of the thesis.
5) Finally, to avoid the inconvenience of your tutor regarding bad writing, spelling, consistency, use of APA Standards, etc., we advise you to request the services of a style editor. In this way, you will focus fully on your research, you will minimize the corrections and you will gain time for the development of your degree work.